Sunday, September 20, 2026

Building the X-Files Lego Set: Day Three of Way Too Many Trees

Having completed the X-Files basement office with the first half of the LEGO kit, bags seven through nine will likely be putting together the upper half: the legendary forest scenes used so often to depict Florida, Kansas, New Jersey, Iowa, and all the other places that look nothing like Vancouver British Columbia!

Yeah... the willing suspension of disbelief can only go so far, guys.

So anyways, opening up the bags now:

Sadly the camera alignment
went back to portrait instead
of landscape. I blame Mulder.


AHHH! It's the Host (AKA Fluke Boy)
from Season Two! One of the more
memorable Monsters of the Week.
(there is no Tooms minifig, unless
they can come up with LEGO 
material that can stretch)






Fluke Boy: Hey I wanna supervise too!

Out of the way, Flukey!






Digging in the Dirt



Fluke Boy: I miss the sewers...

Onto bag eight!

And now we're getting to the part of any
kit building that gets tedious: All that leafy
foliage to detail the forest. 




This one actually took a couple of pages,
but I'm speeding up the photo log and
going to skip most of the planting
because, bro, that's too many steps
to document







Does this look fresh to you?
Asking for people worried about
salad recalls...


We're now putting together
the UFO Light Beam (tm)!!


We know what this will go to...

As seen from a distance, and with
green surface overlapping part of it
to help secure the piece.



Okay, that three-leaf plant.
Gotta put seven (!) of those together.
This is where I'm skipping ahead.



This is a piece going underneath...

Looks like it will be used
to interlock with the office part
of the set

NOW it looks like Florida!
Uh, Vancouver!

Number Nine! Number Nine!
Numb-- (gets sued by John
Lennon's estate)

It's Krychek! Wait, which one
is the fake arm...?

Nevermind, we shipped him
off to Russia.

This is the trees portion of the kit,
and again I'm skipping through this
because it's putting branch upon branch
upon branch upon branch upon



"One must imagine Wil E. Coyote
happy...
" - Camus
P.S. GO SEE COYOTE vs ACME

Still looks like Florida
uh Vancouver

When Krychek Met Flukey


I am almost finished with the set proper... and after that, one more thing to add...


No comments:

Post a Comment